Clear all

Segovia

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yesterday, my local library was selling off some old books, tapes and cds. I found a Andres Segovia cd for $1.00. I'm not big on classical music, but he's not too bad.

What I'd like to find are some metal versions of classical.

(@davem)
Estimable Member

Segovia is awesome. I enjoy his music. Malmsteen comes to mind as far as metal with classical influences

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ya,

I haven't heard any of Yngvei's (spelling?) stuff since rising force.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Calling Segovia "not too bad" is sort of like saying Michael Jordan was an ok basketball player.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

He's good...but I didn't hear a single power chord, wammy bar harmonic dive or even one lightning fast 2-hand tapping shred-fest. What's up with that????

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

He's good...but I didn't hear a single power chord, wammy bar harmonic dive or even one lightning fast 2-hand tapping shred-fest. What's up with that????

You nearly forgot that segovia plays classical guitar and in a classical style. ( i do all powrd chords and punk songs and any hibachi thrown at me on my poor classical :lol: )

Segovia was unique because he didn't embellish.Infact he made classical guitar really classical. :)

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

You missed the two-handed tapping, then. Check out some more of his stuff; and Pepe Romero, who was the first classical player I saw using tapping

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@1st_act)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Didn't Steve Vai record something with a classical orchestra? Anybody know where I could find a recording?

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Segovia sounds cool. I'll have to check some of his material out.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote