Notifications
Clear all

Should I compain at the guitar store

20 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Well, usually where a string breaks determines where it is binding (nut or bridge).

You say that it wouldn't stay in tune and then broke 'at' the ball end.
That does sound like it was probably the string winding.
It happens. :roll:

Since you aren't a beginner, I would think you know how to strum properly.
Besides you said it was an isolated incident.

If you keep breaking the same string - you may need to adjust the tilt on the saddle.

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@musus)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Then why not ask the nice store to get the strings you like, or buy them online?

I agree with Biker Jim. Why give them the satisfaction of laughing at people and their business? I'm sure you have your reasons for going there, but if enough people stood up to them, it might send a message. Then again, maybe not. Just my two cents worth.

Jim-Bone

The truth is the store practically monopolizes Canberra. The other store is only licensed to deal with a select few brands. So it's usually very difficult to get exactly what you're looking for from the friendly store.

"Hey Hey My My ... Rock and Roll can never die" Neil Young

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Then why not ask the nice store to get the strings you like, or buy them online?

I agree with Biker Jim. Why give them the satisfaction of laughing at people and their business? I'm sure you have your reasons for going there, but if enough people stood up to them, it might send a message. Then again, maybe not. Just my two cents worth.

Jim-Bone

The truth is the store practically monopolizes Canberra. The other store is only licensed to deal with a select few brands. So it's usually very difficult to get exactly what you're looking for from the friendly store.

Okay, I understand now. Sorry to have sounded like it would be so easy to bypass them, I had no idea. Do what you need to do, and maybe consider ordering things like strings on-line as Biker Jim suggested.

Best of luck to you.

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

hey i stayed in canberra for a couple of weeks last year, is this the store down the end on the left of that weird short fat street with the park thing in the middle? where you go upstairs and into the glass room for the good acoutics? i remember hating the young staff there on site, all emos and tryhards that spent more time talking about how wasted they got the night before than paying any attention to customers. it left an impression on me, iv never been into a store as bad as that before

ReplyQuote
(@musus)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hey i stayed in canberra for a couple of weeks last year, is this the store down the end on the left of that weird short fat street with the park thing in the middle? where you go upstairs and into the glass room for the good acoutics? i remember hating the young staff there on site, all emos and tryhards that spent more time talking about how wasted they got the night before than paying any attention to customers. it left an impression on me, iv never been into a store as bad as that before

Yep, 'Better Music', that's the one. And you described the staff perfectly.

"Hey Hey My My ... Rock and Roll can never die" Neil Young

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2