Should i ??

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hello :D

i've been looking for a new guitar lately. I have a Cort X6 which i don't really use. I went to my guitar lesson today and offered to sell it to my teacher as he really likes it. instead he offered to swop me with a Morris Les Paul Look-a-like. My guitar i resprayed myself (it looks pretty good) and it's like new. The morris on the other hand needs some work. the front is ok the back of the guitar has some bumps and scratches and right at the top of the neck it has a little crack ( about an inch ). BUT oh my does it have a sweet neck :roll: . The pickups are not great but i figured i'd switch pickups between the 2 guitars.

Also i have never heard of a morris before in my life are they any good? should i swap ??
some advice would be great.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Morris was a popular import in the 70's and 80's for both electric and acoustic guitars. I think they still make acoustic but not electric. The one you have an option on may be as much as 30 years old. I think your biggest problem would be in finding parts and the one you are looking at seems to need a lot. Especially the crack in the neck.

Personally, unless it was something like a Gibson or a Gretch from that era I would stay away from trading a working guitar for it.

On the other hand if you like the basic look and feel of it then it might be a fun project to restore it.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Always wanted a CortX6...I'll give you £6!! (worth a try) :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Always wanted a CortX6...I'll give you £6!! (worth a try)

Simon Is that youre way of saying i'm crazy ? :o

thinking abit more - and i wonder if i shouldn't just make an offer for it and keep my cort ?

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

thinking abit more - and i wonder if i shouldn't just make an offer for it and keep my cort ?

I agree, you can never have too many guitars especially if it requires minimal investment.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote