silent guitar

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@itziks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hi

has anyone here tried silent guitars ? I mean those guitars that don't have a body. they are a stick with frame of guitar body. they are only electric amplified. yamaha has such kind of guitar and also miranda and aria. But they all range in the 500-1000 $ price. I found one the has a tag of 175$ - but it has only connection to amplifier. no jack for headphones like the other ones have.
my questions:

1. if i attach an amplified headphones to the amp jack - will it work (assuming there is such thing as amplified headphones - any info on this will help too) ?

2. will you buy such a guitar that is only for prcticing in silence and maybe doing some jamm using electric sound only.

3. the guitar is marked "alberto mancinni" - I can't find any info on it on the web.

4. it has an equalizer on it - are there active and passive ones ?

any info would help.
thanks

itzik

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Wow you're right; absolutely nothing on that guitar. But if it's only got the regular jack on it, you could get one of the headphone amps below

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search?c=6261

Plug the guitar into it, then listen through the headphones.

You could probably plug it into an amp later, for jamming.

If there's a battery compartment on the back or somewhere on the side, it might be an active eq. Otherwise, it might just be passive - like regular volume and tone controls on an electric. Some of the less expensive piezo pickup systems don't have any preamp; just a little volume knob - like some of the stickon Shadow units.

Take care.

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

I saw that today in the music shop...I was wondering what the heck those things were. Silent guitars...whoa...I would've never thought of that name.

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@navydoc1)

A local shop had a few of them on sale and I wanted to give them a try, but was always to busy. I went to the store this past sunday to try them out and they were all sold out so sombody must think they are ok.

ReplyQuote