Slider strap question

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

:?: Anyone tried the slider strap? http://www.slider-straps.com/STR/dual.html I had this recomended on the principles forum by a menber. I am having shoulder and back issues. I got this last night and it feel uncomfortable to me, especially when I stand. Moves the guitar to the direct front of the body, whereas I stand with the guitar slightly to the right. Looking down my body the guitar faces 10-2 on the clock whereas the slider is 9-3 on the clock hands. I can feel the weight shifted to both shoulders and this helps, but the strap feels weird.
Anyone with any experance with the strap or simular problems with back and shoulders?
Thanks

John M

(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. I bought mine cause my Les Paul copy was so heavy, I rarely played it. THe strap is a bit awkward at first, and you really can't switch from one guitar to another quickly, but it distributes the weight onto both shoulders which I like.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, I am trying but still not pleased with the feel Great for sitting, but weird for standing. Do you feel the load in the center of your back now vs a std strap?

John M

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I think it might just be a question of adapting to a new style....sounds great in principle (I tend to get a sore neck playing in a standing position) but if the strap is forcing the guitar into an uncomfortable playing position, is it doing more harm than good?

Let us know how you get on with this....I for one am curious!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Vic,
I will post a better review on Monday after I have had some more time using the strap. For sitting it works good as the load is spread across both soulders and back. I have rotater cup damage right now and left should hurts a lot :( so anything to relieve the pain works. I am going to try standing with the strap and see what I think. I will play more this weekend and try to do an open review of the strap.

John M

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Let us know how you get on with this....I for one am curious!!!

Vic
I did try the strap this weekend. For stiing it is great. I can feel the difference between the straps on my shoulder. I felt more weight on my left shoulder when I used the normal strap. I am going to keep this strap for my sitting style. For standing I have an issue with the neck. I like mine more up at like a 45 degree angle. This gives me better acess to the upper frets and runs The slider wants the guitar more level due to the way it is constructed. I am getting over the position in fromt problem and will try to work the angle also. If you have back or shoulder issues as I do this strap is worth a look and try. I really feel my left shoulder with a normal strap vs this slider. Just my .02 cents on this.

John M

ReplyQuote