Clear all

Rhythm excercises...

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@greenstuart)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

there are loads of excercises for the budding lead guitarist to practice to become faster and more accurate but are there any good excercises to incorporate in your practice routine which will help your rhythm playing.
I'm not the greatest rhythm player and really want to improve...

(@hawken)
Trusted Member

Do you use a metronome when you practice?

There are a couple articles in the Lessons section that have good ideas about using metronomes while practicing. It can be frustrating when first starting to use one....but if you stick with it then you should see improvements in your rhythm and timing.

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Master of Puppets :D (it's a all in one Rhythm workout)

you gotta Play fast and accurate
you practice alternate picking
some other useful stuff as well (which you'll notice when you find you can't do it)

Did i mention you play fast ?
OK i did, but seriously it's much more fun learning a song that incorporates the elements you want to improve than just sitting there like some dorkus malorkus and playing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

BUT whatever you do don't try and ripp it (or any other song you decide to learn) from the beginning. I heard very useful advice on this site but I can't remember who said it, it went something along the lines of learn slower but correctly otherwise all you do is practice the same thing incorrectly .

Anyway it was much better put but I hope you get the idea.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote