Clear all

Les Paul, Gibson vs Epiphone

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Okay, lets discuss this, I, knowing nothing about the topic, am interested. Are there any noticable differences? I know that Gibson is built in the US and Epiphone is built over sea's but beyond that, I don't see the difference. I've heard many people say they can't hear a difference. What are your opinions? Also what's the sound difference between a standard or standard plus and a custom or "supreme"? I know gibson uses a rarer mahogany but does that make it sound better (obviously that's subjective, but it's open to discussion)

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Hi Jason
If you are talking about Epiphine Elite series in the same price range as teh lower priced Gibsons ($1000 or so), I think the variation between individual guitars is greater than between thecompanies. Although this may be because the Gibsons in Toronto have been picked over. The only ones I've seen that looked good were $2000 plus.
The only model that sound different to me is the classic, as it's pups are much hotter. Otherwise the differences are more cosmetic as far as my ears could tell.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote