Clear all

slither

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@scotty-c)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

im having dificulty trying to play the bit in the slither solo, its the fast 10 to 13 on the b string then bend on the g string at the 14th fret, how is it done so quick without letting the unwanted open notes ring out, its to fast to bend the 14th with the 3rd finger, (i dont have time to use my index to block the unwated notes and get it back in place to the 10th fret,)i cant do it with my pinky cus it lets the d string ring out, how is this played??? anything i seem to do strikes unwanted notes, can any1 help? ps sorry if iv over complicated things, its hard to describe.thanks

(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

if you wrote out the tab it would be a lot easier to understand.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@scotty-c)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----10----13--------------10----13-------------10----13--------------
----------------(12)-14---------------(12)-14--------------(12)-14----

ReplyQuote
(@john-with-the-wind)

Try resting your index finger on the 10th fret, hitting the 13th fret with your ring finger and
bending the 12th on the G with your middle finger. As for keeping the strings quiet you may want to work
on resting your picking on hand on the strings that aren't being played. Just some thoughts.

John

"Farewell, profit, and be indulgent"

Johann Joseph Fux
Gradus ad Parnassum

ReplyQuote