Clear all

some philosophical questions

20 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

what about people who believe that every aspect of your life is their business? nosy fuckers, is what i mean.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I don't know if I'm creative, I just think in weird ways. For example, the SSG theme was once "flying." First image that pops into my head, a zipper. So that's what I wrote about. Or the theme of a tan, first thing that came to my mind was someone would tanned hides. Leather hides that is.

The first song I ever wrote though: I was soooooooo mad at someone because they didn't want me associating with this guy and I just needed to vent before I exploded so I wrote a song. Probably scared a few people on here but it was fun.

I can never forget about the world when creating I write, play or paint things that matter to me.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I don't know if I'm creative, I just think in weird ways.
I write, play or paint things that matter to me.

People sometimes tell me that I think in weird ways, too. I just attribute it to being an artist, and you're obviously an artist as well. I think it's our abstract thinking that allows us to be creative in the first place.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Great discussion. I second the poster who said that he gets lost in his playing. I too will sit down just to strum a few or do some scale exercises and suddenly reallize it's been two hours. The thing for me is to just completely let go. I have my time where I practice technique and study theory, but when I'm done I just forget it all and let it rip.

Inspiration is easy when you are in the midst of an emotional event. It is challenging when you're not. Sometimes I just try to think back to a particularly emotional time and let my memories resurrect the associated emotions. I then talk about how I feel im my mind while I'm playing. Sometimes it can lead to some very powerful stuff (to me anyway - my wife laughs when I tell her how lucky she is to be able to hear me play for free).

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The trigger for me is sound. Any sound, really. It can be a chord, a little melody, a sample, a weird synth patch, really just anything. And from there I just kinda play around looking at how I can turn that sound into a song. I don't really use 'emotion' or such, I actually tried quite hard to keep it *out* of it. It's more like I lock myself up in my little SoundLab then that I channel good and bad experiences to others using music.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2