22 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Not this:

horrible music stand

Not a right thing to say. :lol:

I mean, that stand is ''Fully collapsible, height adjustable, and extremely durable.'' Fully collapsible ? I am sure it will collapse with an Emaj strum sound coming out of the amp.
If I lose any more hair you can just use my head like a whiteboard

But how will you clean it ? :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@ruralgurl)

The stand thing is a recent phenomenon in my neck of the woods. I kinda freaked when I saw a guy on the patio of a local joint with a stand. My first thought was shoot, I can do that. My second was: well, Bruce does it, but he can afford the electronic version! I was watching the Farm Aid concert and saw nearly everyone using the prompters. I'm not feeling as bad about the prospect as I used to, but still avoid it. With my contacts I can see a page on the floor next to the set list with short first line verse prompts, so even in my 40's I guess I'm still trying to play the image game. Why? It's beyond me.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'm with Dali, music stands are not cool at any age. Of course now knowing alittle bit more about music etc, I realize that it sometimes makes sense but I still would not come away with a good impression of a band if they had music stands on stage.

Music stands = No stage presence, it leaves you looking like a lifeless tree standing in front of a stand.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Not necessarily so. Standing there staring at the music stand makes you look lifeless. Using it to remind you of the lyrics or chords not so much.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Plenty of music stands in this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=607cdeQvnZo

:wink:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Not this:

horrible music stand

Not a right thing to say. :lol:

I mean, that stand is ''Fully collapsible, height adjustable, and extremely durable.'' Fully collapsible ? I am sure it will collapse with an Emaj strum sound coming out of the amp.

I have that stand. Really.

I use it for practice. It works pretty OK for one or two sheets, or a small binder. I wouldn't use it on stage though (like I have to worry about that :roll: ).

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Don't worry, I have a couple of them too. :lol: For the price they are OK but I wouldn't put much more than sheets of paper on them. For a binder something a little more substantial would be needed or for live situations where the thing falling over would be a dissaster. You are fine with that for right now. :wink:

Oh .. do I need a music stand? To gig I would as I am rapidly nearing 48 and have CRS. No, I wouldn't need to stand there and stare at it ...... but as a reminder especially for lyrics it would be a nice saftey net to have. Of course you can just make the words up too ........ but some of the stuff I come up with is rated PG for sure. :roll:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2