Notifications
Clear all

Songs for two guitars

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@malesa)
Topic starter  

So, what songs can be played on acoustic+classical guitars?

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Malesa!

Every song. To keep it real basic: one strums the chords the other appergiates them. Or one playes the riff and the other appergios of the underlying chords. Two guitars are always more fun then one guitar. :D

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

ya I like to have one do a bassline and then the other one can harmonize and not even play any roots

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

"I want you (she's so heavy)" by the beatles is one of the first i learned to play with a buddy.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Melissa by the Allman Brothers comes to mind.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Crystal Ball by Styx is a good one. Oh, and nothing beats a little 12-bar (or otherwise) blues. Trade off with one person comping and the other soloing :smile:

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Hmm you could play Bach's Harpsichord Invention no.8 but I dunno how good it would sound on a classicalacoustic.

Ygnwie Malmsteen's 'Golden Dawn' is a good. Not at all shreddy like his usual stuff.

You could replace one of the guitars with a banjo n play 'Dueling Banjos' lol :P

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hmm you could play Bach's Harpsichord Invention no.8 but I dunno how good it would sound on a classicalacoustic.

Why that one in particular? Wouldn't every two-part invention/counterpoint work?

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Why that one in particular? Wouldn't every two-part invention/counterpoint work?

well i just like that one

ReplyQuote