Clear all

Soundcard

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was wondering if someone knew how I couyld fix my soundcard so I can get learning songs easier. I reformatted my computer, and no there is no sound. I don't know the name of it, or the drivers.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
~PauL~

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Most likely the drivers, do you have an OS installed? If not your gonna need one lol. If you do and it doesnt detect the sound card you may need to manually get the drivers off the web. This is usually because it may not be plug and play compatable. Though, you will need to know the name and model of the sound card you have. If you can't find any info about your card or any drivers you MAY be able to use generic sound card drivers.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Doesn't the sound card have its name on it?

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

What type of computer is it Dell, Compaq, Hp, Gateway to name a few. Even model numbers would help some of us help you find the drivers.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

What type of computer is it Dell, Compaq, Hp, Gateway to name a few. Even model numbers would help some of us help you find the drivers.

Jip that would help. If it's one of the above mentioned you should be able to get the drivers from their websites. If not and your soundcard is integrated into your MotherBoard then you should look for the model number on your Motherboard and download the correct motherboard drivers. the model number is normally written in white.

If it's a PCI type card the model number will also be on there and just look for the drivers from the net.

Driverguide is prob a good place to start. What OS do you have ??

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Go to:

Start menu > Run> type in 'dxdiag' (without the ') wait for it to load up, and then at the tabs on the top of that window, go to sound 1. give us all that info on that page.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote