Clear all

.:-'*'-Spanish Guitar-'*'-:.

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I've been wanting to get into spanish guitar alot lately and I can't find the style I want.
I hear this classical spanish piece alot but don't know who it's by, someone posted the video of it some 2 weeks ago.
I can kind of explain how it's sounds by telling you about this movie that has spanish guitar in it.
Once upon a time in Mexico.
it has Antonio Banderez, Johnny Depp, and that pop/spanish singer with the enormous mole on his face.
It's a good movie !
Can any of you think of some good spanish musicals, instrumentals or artists?

Thanks

Marshall

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Not sure which song you are talking about, but here's a couple decent 'spanish' type of groups or songs:

Heaven - Los Lonely Boys - or probably any of their tunes.

Freddy Fender is a good guitarist that can lay down some tejano.

Even Willy Nelson throws down some spanish licks ala country style.

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

No, there's no lyrics or anything, it's just a classical guitar, with a spanish man 'manning' it.

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote
 Val
(@val)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Hiya,

Spanish, or classical, guitar is a big area to cover. If you're after something particulary Spanish, with anything by Francisco Tarrega, or Isaac Albeniz will do the job nicely.

At a more "playable at first sight" level, get Guitar Music Of Spain volume 1 - it's a collection of work by Bartolome Calatuyud. Volume 2 is all Isaac Albeniz, and volume 3 is by various Spanish composers. You'll need to be able to read standard notation.

If you're after flamenco, do a google search first of all - there are several reasonable flamenco guitar sites, and some of them even accomodate Tab

There is another possibility - South American guitar music is very fast, exciting and complicated to play. Check out work by Heitor Villa-Lobos and Barrios-Mangore. "Cancion y Danza" by Ruiz Pipo (I don't have the Opus numbers) is really worth checking out - I play the Danza as an encore piece.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

And the movie, I believe, is Once Upon A Time In Mexico

Peace

ReplyQuote