Clear all

Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.8 K Views
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Now can anyone tell me how to play guitar?
And as the screenname says, I have no right arm.

Wow, I am not really sure there is an answer to that one. The guitar is really built to be played with two hands. With a piano or drums, you can play with one arm. I have seen guitar players with missing fingers or even issues with deformed hands and/or arms. But in all of those cases the players had one hand to fret and another to strum/pluck the strings.

There are some techniques that don't require a right arm to play: for instance playing by hammering on the strings on the fretboard with the left hand. And of course Jimi could pluck the strings with his tongue! :wink: But, both techniques are limited. I doubt you want to be tasting strings whenever you play!

But having said that, I am interested to hear from you in the future if you figure a way to accomplish it. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Now can anyone tell me how to play guitar?
And as the screenname says, I have no right arm.
I don't know how feasible it is, but it might be possible to use an ebow in a fixed position and move the guitar relative to that?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

I built a pick holder that attaches to my arm. That allows me to strum and pick. I will need some time to get used to it so that I don't need to watch it constantly to hit the right strings. I'll post a picture if I get one.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I built a pick holder that attaches to my arm. That allows me to strum and pick. I will need some time to get used to it so that I don't need to watch it constantly to hit the right strings. I'll post a picture if I get one.

welcome to GN, where are you in Kansas? (we've probably bumped into each other already if you frequent the KC MF)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

welcome to GN, where are you in Kansas? (we've probably bumped into each other already if you frequent the KC MF)

I'm south of Topeka, Melvern Lake. I only get to MF a couple times a year.

I used to work on Shawnee, near the Mountain Music Shoppe. One of my fovorite candy stores.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You guys aren't going to believe this, but ...

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?TID=D:20061206:MOD1&IID=MOD1&track=mod1&SEC_IID=20708&PAGE=STATICPAGE&PAGE_ID=10049

If there are any fence sitters, that might just be all you need to push you over the edge ... :D Burst only, but with 12% off to boot!!! Just can't beat a steal, er, I mean deal like that!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

That's insane! Oh they do charge a dollar for shipping though. ;)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

This morning's Fender Squier Bullet Guitar sold out in 11 minutes! Due to popular demand, and for all of our viewers on NBC's iVillageLive, we made available another Fender Guitar at another unbeatable price. Both guitars have now sold out.

Wow! That didn't last long.

ReplyQuote
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

Looks like they are sold out of the sunburst, but still have the black @ $89.99.

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=2216358

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

ReplyQuote
(@baldwin)
Trusted Member

Looks like they are sold out of the sunburst, but still have the black @ $89.99.

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=2216358

I already have a black one! :x

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

they have a tobacco burst for $89 as well click on the more guitars link

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Holy cow!!!! Soon they will be paying US to take them! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@itchard)
Trusted Member

Hi guys! Here are some pictures of my Guinness project ... still in the works.

The tough part is that I can't play the blasted guitar because I'm working on it!

That is a great mod...and a great beer!

Two great things combined...

Keep it up man 8)

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I am so glad that I missed that Overstock deal on the 51s. Finding a place for number 9 and number 10 was a challenge, but number 11, well I really don't wanna go there. The Mahogany Squiers for $129 really have me questioning my abilitty NOT to buy anymore guitars. I really need to clean house before I add anymore. Plus I would rather have a Les Paul.

Anyone know if Overstock.com does this a lot with guitars? I have never noticed them selling guitars at all.

Merry Christmas!

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Anyone know if Overstock.com does this a lot with guitars? I have never noticed them selling guitars at all.

Merry Christmas!
I've looked there before and they had a few starter packs, and maybe some of the Harmony models like you might find at Target. Might have had the Silvertones.

Definitely didn't see Fender (is the Toronado CIJ or MIK?) before this. Fender/Squier are really dumping these guitars now, which ties into my theory that they had a big inventory problem and may indeed be axing the '51.

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 51