Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.8 K Views
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Msus,

OOOPS :oops: you are right , I converted it the wrong way.... Should be $270.00 US as you said....

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I don't think that my wife would have any problem with me spending the $100. I think she would for guitar #8 though. Better sit this one out.

yea, i'm in the same boat, would be #8 for me also and i'm really Gassin for an lp next year :(

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well see I'm on this soldering iron kick lately and I've heard these are the best.

After that I'll clean 'em up with a little lighter fluid and we'll be good to go.

Soldering Iron? Lighter Fluid? Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun..........

Soldering Health Warning

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

dude Mike, you are the King of low-budget instruments. you are the champion of the Agile cause. you pontificate on the advantages of low-budget guitars in comparison to more expensive models. You have even mentioned Squiers on many occasions as being on par with their mother company.

Yet, you won't plop down a measly 100 dollas on a wicked cool '51? I'm sad sir, sad. You can't get a cooler guitar at better quality for less money than a Squier 51.

I think you owe it to yourself to get a nice jet black Squier 51 to run through your impressive pedalboard.

I think you have "Mike" confused with "mikespe". :wink:

And I'm also not getting one. I almost ordered the vintage blonde about three times this weekend, but I am saving for a nice hollow body electric & a Seagull acoustic. I don't need a '51, i don't need a '51......

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I didn't need a 51 either but it is estimated to arrive Wednesday ... :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member

Here!

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I've had one for about a year. A lotta guitar for the money...:-)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member

Agree is is a LOT of guitar for the money :D

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I know $99 is cheap but I know someones going to drop one at a pawn shop eventually. When it happens I'll be there to reap the rewards. Muahahahaha!

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Here!

You already received? What do you think?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member

Here!

You already received? What do you think?
I've had one for a little over a year and I think mine is a first rate axe. I saw in the other post people saying to expect sloppy fret work, loose hardware, bad soldering, stripped screws,... but mine has none of that. The neck beautiful, the tone is great, the hardware is also great (stays in tune, intonation is bang on). I posted a while back asking for opinions of Squires vs. Epi's since I also have a cheap Epi SG Special and if you put these two side by side there is no comparison. The Epi has all those flaws mentioned in the other post... but not this '51. I guess I got lucky with mine (I even bought it on-line... something I never do with a guitar... but it was so cheap)

Charlie

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

The one that I don't need should be here Thursday.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

You guys are killing me!! :shock: (Don't need it, don't need it, don't need it......) :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'm sad to say, put we can cross my name off the list. The only stores selling them around here are not at a decent price. Oh well, I'll be with A&L, waiting at the pawn shops.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Dan -

You don't need one.

You don't need one.

You don't need one.

You want one.

You don't need one.

You don't need one.

You want one.