Clear all

Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.8 K Views
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Just let me know, boys, and I'll take 'em off your hands. ;)

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@gotdeeblues)
Eminent Member

OK...one more guy who thought acoustics were the be all and end all has succumbed to the dreaded GAS. Thinking of a Traynor 30 watt amp to go with it. Will also need a good case that fits it well, any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

OK...one more guy who thought acoustics were the be all and end all has succumbed to the dreaded GAS. Thinking of a Traynor 30 watt amp to go with it. Will also need a good case that fits it well, any suggestions?

There's a tweed MF case that fits it pretty well. Pretty inexpensive for a hard case, and it pretty nice.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

I bought one, but not for me. My 16 year old nephew expressed the desire to play guitar. He called and asked if I had an extra one he could borrow. Being that I am left handed and he is "normal," I didn't have anything to offer. Well, his birthday was last week and we hadn't bought him a gift yet, so I thought; "what the hey?" I got him the 2-tone sunburst. I probably would have gotten the blond if available, but I think this one looks pretty sharp.

Now if someone else wants to get him an amp, he should be all set!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@frank2121)
Reputable Member

I had a sister out in the states so i asked her to pick me one of these '51s up after i read all these posts but when she arrived at the shop she was told they dont make left handed '51s shame!

ReplyQuote
(@dsp17)

Im thinking of getting one of these, but the cheapest i can find one in the UK is £104 ( about $204 according to google ). Do you guys still think its worth it at this price?

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Frank - If you don't mind playing it upside down, I think the only thing you'd need to do would be to get a new nut.

DSP17 - I don't know what the rest of the guitar marketis like inthe UK, but I think this guitar is worth $200. I think most people here love it because it is only $99, but it is a very well built guitar.

In fact, for some other projects I've found myself looking for other squier guitars/parts made in Indonesia based on how much I like the neck this one came with.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Sooo...I ordered a roland cube 15w amp, a korg chromatic 40 tuner and of course, a cable :P from musician's friend (did you know they are guitar center too?)...In a few days I should be on my way to rocka rolla :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

If you want a gig bag this one fits it like a glove, and can be had for less on ebay:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-Gig-Bag?sku=541102

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@gotdeeblues)
Eminent Member

Went with the Durafoam hybrid case/gig bag from MF fo $49, #540612. seemed reasonable with just a little extra protection for car travel. Really anxious to get started with this rig. I read somewhere here about a place for clear pickguards for the '51, but cant remember which post it was in.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sooo...I ordered a roland cube 15w amp, a korg chromatic 40 tuner and of course, a cable :P from musician's friend (did you know they are guitar center too?)...In a few days I should be on my way to rocka rolla :D :D :D

Congrats. Enjoy the new toys. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@madscience)
Eminent Member

The Black is in the process of upgrading Paint and Humbucker.

I bought a Dimarzio DP100 in Creme color, so The Pickguard and Neck Pup cover is going to be the Creme color. Went to my local Auto Paint supply store had them mix me up a pint of "Sonic Blue" ( the code for this is 56 GM Code 20 ) same color that came on a '56 Cadillac. Why that color , you ask ? Well Because Im a sentimental type person and My Dad's 1966 Fender MusicMaster II is painted in Sonic Blue. My Mom bought that guitar for my Dad as his first Christmas present after they were married. He's had it and kept it in excellt shape all these years , and well I just kinda wanted mine to resemble his a little.

I used the PSD file found in this forum to somewhat comeup with what its going to look lie when Im done painting and clearing it.

Will post pics when Im done with it. By the way for those of you that are still riding the fence, whether or not to get one of these. Keep thinking about it, cause Im considering buying quite a few more of these just to Mod and play with colorwise , etc...
:D

Fender 60th Anniversary Telecaster
Gretsch 5120
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender P Bass
Squire '51 Vintage Blond
Squire '51 Tangerine Orange, Dover White Pickguard
Squire '51 Sonic Blue, creme Pickguard, Dimarzio DP100 Humbucker
Takamine Acoustic

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

That's a nice color, Madscience.

Have fun with the modding and welcome to Guitar Noise! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

That guitar will looks great. I can't wait till you post it.

ReplyQuote
(@madscience)
Eminent Member

Thanks fellas,

Sure glad I found this forum, and this Thread. I have a question for someone who works with wood a little bit. The Question is = Does anyone know of any technique to get that Aged Maple look on the Neck? I'm not a real big fan of this (almost White) maple neck. I'd like to get that Old classic look if possible.

Fender 60th Anniversary Telecaster
Gretsch 5120
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender P Bass
Squire '51 Vintage Blond
Squire '51 Tangerine Orange, Dover White Pickguard
Squire '51 Sonic Blue, creme Pickguard, Dimarzio DP100 Humbucker
Takamine Acoustic

ReplyQuote
Page 38 / 51