Clear all

Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.8 K Views
(@big-ed)
Eminent Member

I also wanted to ask about if anyone received a '51 with any paperwork. Mine was in the unopened box with the a rod and bridge wrinche. No owner's manual, warranty or anything.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW-What a Ride!" --Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I also wanted to ask about if anyone received a '51 with any paperwork. Mine was in the unopened box with the a rod and bridge wrinche. No owner's manual, warranty or anything.
I don't think they come with any paper work, mine sure didn't. There is always the Squier website or this forum if you need any questions answered.

As for strings, I use D'Addario EXL120 strings. Sized .009 through .042. There are lots of strings out there and even more opinions about them.

Have Fun with your new Five One.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

IMHO Earnie Ball power slinkys really bring this thing to life :twisted: (.11-.52)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

It is my first guitar; after hearing so much about them I figured I couldn't go wrong. Even though I'm still just learning notes/chords, I am really enjoying it. :D

Good times Miss Eir. The '51 is very easy to play and bone stock (with out Mods), you can get some incredible tones from one. Just mess with the knobs for different tones.. including the volume knob too :)

Enjoy.
D-

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@meebit)
Eminent Member

Most of the Ebay auctions I've seen have been for Squier 51's for $100 - $125 a pop. I would expect that the overall price to rise on these slightly as the blowouts are over. I would expect them to fetch $150 on the bay...

Yeah... About that. I'm selling mine for $1000 if anyone wants it... Well $1000 OBO. :D

^The OBO part is a lie, but I'll take a grand for it. :)

Anyway, I like Ernie Ball super slinky's myself.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

your selling your squier 51 for a grand? good luck :shock:

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@madscience)
Eminent Member

your selling your squier 51 for a grand? good luck :shock:

I wouldn't sell mine for that, I know that sounds crazy but these guitars are awesome. I would sell it for that I I knew I could get two or three more to replace it :D

In reality they'll probably go up in price on Ebay a little , but I still wouldn't sell mine - Have no interest in getting rid of either of them.

Fender 60th Anniversary Telecaster
Gretsch 5120
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender P Bass
Squire '51 Vintage Blond
Squire '51 Tangerine Orange, Dover White Pickguard
Squire '51 Sonic Blue, creme Pickguard, Dimarzio DP100 Humbucker
Takamine Acoustic

ReplyQuote
(@donkee)

your selling your squier 51 for a grand? good luck

rocker, i think it wuz a joke.....

But if anyone wants to pay a grand for one or two, just say so!
:P

Getting close to that 51 page mark.......

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I have to agree that after a simple setup these guitars are amazing. I am keeping both of mine, as well.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

One more time...The more I play this thing and get used to it , the more I like it :D This thing has better tone than some old strats I have played. Its just astounding that a $99 guitar can be so good :shock: The neck pup is a lot better than I thought originally. Like I said, I set it up with some power slinkys, also I have been using a Ernie ball medium pick ( If you remember I have always used a Jim Dunlop .38) Sound a lot like a Fender Tele :D Leo would be proud :D In 20 or 30 years the 51 will be real collector items and a part of guitar history. ken

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey, let's hit the reality button for a monet... I love my '51, but if someone offered me a thousand dollars I'd jump at it. They are nice guitars for $99. but they are not THAT nice for $1000!!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Please add me to the list. I put a blond w/black pickguard in lay-away at one of the local small shops here.

:lol:

Thanks,
KC

ReplyQuote
(@madscience)
Eminent Member

Hey, let's hit the reality button for a monet... I love my '51, but if someone offered me a thousand dollars I'd jump at it. They are nice guitars for $99. but they are not THAT nice for $1000!!
With the reality button hit I still say I wouldn't sell any of the ones I own for $1000. Its not about the money for me. This guitar is amazing and I think in the future it's going to be one of those things that people will wish they had gotten when you cant find them anymore. Then again they might not be worth a plugged nickel as for monetary worth. However, to me personally Im happy to have gotten the ones that I have. I have a Fender 60th Anniversary telecaster that I haven't touched since I got my first '51.

Like I said before I know it sounds crazy, but now knowing that they are no longer available I would not sell mine for $1000. Of course if someone offered me some un-Godly amount of money for them Im quite sure I'd take it, but to be honest $1000 isn't a lot of money anymore. I mean you cant even get an American Strat for that.

God Bless.

Gretsch 5120
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender P Bass
Squire '51 Vintage Blond
Takamine Acoustic

ReplyQuote
(@madscience)
Eminent Member

Let me get this right: The 51 plays better than the Squier® Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar? I don't want to look through 45 pages to find out. If it doesn't I would pay an extra 100 for looks alone...
My tele isnt a Squire, However I would suggest that you pick up the Squire Standard tele. Its a great guitar, string thru body etc... Besdies that there are no more '51 ' s unless you go to Ebay.

God Bless,

Gretsch 5120
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender P Bass
Squire '51 Vintage Blond
Takamine Acoustic

ReplyQuote
(@davidnh)

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I thought that some of you might like to know that the Squier '51 is available at Sam Ash http://www.samash.com for $99.99 including shipping! I just ordered one yesterday, Feb 25. I just checked a few minutes ago, and they say they still have black ones in stock. Since they've been unavailable at most other web sites for the last few weeks, this may be your last chance to get a new Squier '51.

I already have a sunburst model, but figured, "What the heck?"

DavidNH

ReplyQuote
Page 43 / 51