Clear all

Stairway Solo

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Alright well i've been playing about 1.5 years and practice everyday. I'm trying to really get my solos sounding good so i decided to learn the stairway solo as a way to help my hands and ears

when i try to play it slow or fast, the legato notes just dont sound right and i'd like to know the right way to practice these fast runs (such as with distortion, clean channel, no amp at all, very slow, etc..)

thanks for your time

(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Hmm, you pretty much covered the traditional ways to clean up mistakes.

slower
cleaner
quieter

Practice slow clean, and quiet and gradually adjust these towards your target, in the aforementioned order: speed it up slowly until it's up to tempo, then dirty it up a little bit and do it until you can control the distortion adequetely, then turn up the volume until it's loud and maintain the proper dymanics.

Did I miss anything?

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

yeah, definetly clean and slow-moderate speed. Not too slow though, because that just makes it hard to stay with the rhythm.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote