Clear all

Stopped by to show off

32 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, didn't get the promotion, which sucks out loud. But with tax season and my refund coming in, I got a GAS attack. Ended up with this:

The guitar through my Digitech Grunge into my Randall sounds like grunge spirit! My only complaint is they should've given me an owner's manual. I'm still trying to figure out what these switches do.

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

and an ebony neck too! grrl what a great guitar for you. grungemachine!!
I bet if you online at Fender.com and looked up your model you would find info about the switches.
Harmony Central has a user review section. your Jaguar would probably be reviewed and someone would have probably posted switch settings etc.
never played a Jag. are they weight heavy?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Nice find. What year is it? This might help Jag Switches

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Way cool, OWA! :D

(See, I knew she'd show back up! She loves us too much to leave permanently! :D )

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Sweet Guitar

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

That really is a beautiful and great guitar. i like the Jaguar's. A band that I like, Sonic Youth, uses them a lot. those and Jazzmaster's. Very cool shape.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very cool OWA! 8) Too bad about not getting the promotion, but look at it on the brite side... had you gotten the promotion, you would have had to work longer hours, and not had as much time to play your new kick butt guitar! :wink:

See you around,
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

8) You finally got your Fender Jaguar.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Dogbite - It's about as heavy as a Strat. Maybe a touch lighter because of the shorter neck scale.

Art - Thanks, think I got most of the switches figured out now. Though I can't find the one for time travel.

EB - GN was keeping me from practicing but between the new guitar and having to play infront of people I haven't put it down. Except to go to work, stupid job.

Pearl - I've heard that Sonic Youth uses them. I also read that Chili Pepper's guy uses them. Though Kurt Cobain using them, no influence on my decision at all.

I thought about getting the Squier Jagmaster right next this guitar there was about $600 in price difference but figured might as well get what I want now. Glad I did, I have a Squier Strat, but it doesn't even compare to the Jaguar.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the Jaguar, that is a great looking guitar. Have fun! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Sweet axe! 8)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Grats :D Very nice!

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

(See, I knew she'd show back up! She loves us too much to leave permanently! :D )

I don't even think she made it past the one week anniversary of posting the sappy goodbye thread. I'd check, but it looks like the thread was deleted.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Great looking guitar OWA :wink: Enjoy !!!

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I don't even think she made it past the one week anniversary of posting the sappy goodbye thread. I'd check, but it looks like the thread was deleted.

In my defense............the thread was Nick's idea. What? That's not a good defense? I'm sorry I can't hear you, my amp is too loud.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3