Skip to content
Clear all

Street Performing

3 Posts
3 Users
Estimable Member
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 61
Topic starter  

My Cousin and I have recently started discussion doing some street performing just as a way to take what we've learned and written out of the bedroom and just kinda put it out there just for enjoyment. What I want to know is are there any laws or precautions that we need to think about? She would be singing and I would be playing guitar.

Micheal :)

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

Estimable Member
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 84

it may depend on where you live, they may require you to get some type of a permit. you can do one of three things.

1.) call your city clerk and ask them.

2.) pick you a street corner and just do it.

3.) Go to a park and sit and play.

so are you gonna be doing this performance acoustic or eletric, cause then the only thing you have to worry about is a noise level ordinance set by the city and or county. And make sure you follow that. Being to loud will get you a ticket for sure!

I think it would be best for you to just call your local city and ask about it.

Reputable Member
Joined: 19 years ago
Posts: 221

It's called "busking" and it's very popular where I live. Over here you need a licence for it, which is free but you need to have a photo ID to get it. Busking won't make you rich - it's fun though, and that's all that matters.

I agree with pup. Check with your city council first to make sure you aren't doing anything illegal. That's the easy part. The hard part is actually going out and busking.

Good luck, and don't just give up if nobody gives you money. It's not very rewarding in terms of money, but it's a great way to meet people.

(Edit: OK, I'm lying, it's a terrible way to meet people).