Notifications
Clear all

Super-heavy Beck performance.

24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

I'm not sure why but it seems like he just gets off course sometimes. Like hes doing things just because he can, not because its good for the music. I could be wrong.

I don't think you are wrong - that's why Beck's always been a guitarist I admire technically, rather than one I actually enjoy listening to!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure why but it seems like he just gets off course sometimes. Like hes doing things just because he can, not because its good for the music. I could be wrong.

No accounting for my taste, I guess. I find his playing very musical. But then I'm really into the avante gard, so overbending and strange nuances appeal to my musical sensibilities. I also like playing out with clever harmonic returns -- very much a jazz thing.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I know what you mean. Hes too busy experimenting to really give the uttermost attention to making great music. Every now and then he makes a memorable tune though.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member

Don't get me wrong, 'Blow by Blow' is one of my favorite albums.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

...and 'Wired'. Two classic electric guitar albums.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Have both 'BbB' and 'Wired', of course. Check out the more recent 'Who Else' album -- a lot of really fine tunes on that.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@reeve)
Estimable Member

Thats ma man go JB! 8)

Well, I've had some requests, but I'm going to play anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

No accounting for my taste, I guess. I find his playing very musical. But then I'm really into the avante gard, so overbending and strange nuances appeal to my musical sensibilities. I also like playing out with clever harmonic returns -- very much a jazz thing.
Musically, I like him too, although he seemed to drift away from the group in a couple spots. Not harmonically speaking, but he just didn't seem to mesh at times. On the other hand, when he was with it, it was great.

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

If anyone of the big brit three needed a band it's always been Jeff,some of his albums he doesn't even like,he's a magnificent guitarist who at times seems more interested in his old cars.In an interview I read he kept talking about his albums being put out because his record company had to keep pushing him.He has a truck load of guitars and i doubt any are stock.

GG

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2