Skip to content
Tapco: Chalk one up...

Notifications
Clear all

Tapco: Chalk one up for costomer service!

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I know that Tapco aren't necessarily a houshold name and their past is a none too prominent(they made an appearance in the late 70's early 80's but never really made a mark in the industry). Bob Mackie has since then moved on with, of course, Mackie. Recently though he's brought Tapco back as a budget line of studio mixers and monitors among other things.

Now to make a short story long, I sold all of my gear last march out of frustration. Since then I've been aching to record again. I ordered the Tapco Link.USB. A USB interface with two Mic/Line/instrument inputs. The really cool thing though is that it comes with Mackie's Tracktion 2 which is a great piece of software if you can get over the plain looking GUI. Of course after having paid for the product I noticed that they are on back order. Yipe! So I emailed Tapco just to find out when they'd be shipping. Paul Roberts over at Tapco informed me that they were expecting them within the next 4-6 weeks!. Argh!. Well ok. I really felt this was a good deal so I thought I'd hang in there. Just to ease the pain however, Mr. Roberts offered to send me a T-shirt. Cool! I'm Game.

I received the shirt this afternoon. Two business days later! :shock: It weren't no meager t-shirt. It was a nicely embroidered button up shirt! Gas station attendant type, y'know. 8)

Now granted, it may have cost them more for the shipping than it actually did for the shirt at cost but that was a damn cool gesture from someone whom I had only met over one email. And I wasn't even complaining! Just wanted to be on the up and up. At any rate to the boys and girls at Tapco and specifically mr. Roberts. Thanks! Way to make a loyal customer!

Uh yeah, I have yet to receive my gear but, I can wait. Personable support teams mean a lot to me. :D

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

8) Let us know what you think of the gear when you get it.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Nice to hear about some goodwill from support. Also good to hear you are returning to recording, Hue. Looking forward to more tracks and a review of the new equipment.

-=Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

sounds like some quality people. When I decide to get serious about recording I will look them up!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@chae)
Eminent Member

yeah let us know what you think id like to get a secong opinion on them before i get any of there products tbh

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well. Estimated arrival time is mid August. That's fine for me. May not be for a lot of people. I have some major practicing to do as well as some modifications to a couple of my guitars. I actually need the time to hone my chops...well at this point it's more like rasping my chops. I'm pretty rusty. Some other investments I'm looking into for then. A vox ToneLab SE some new pickups, and a few different transducers. One for my electric and one for my classical. Patience I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote