Clear all

tear stains on my rick

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@muddy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

the blessed bummer.. got a new rickenbacker 650D. pulled it out the box and awed at the lovely maple and walnut beauty... sat at work all day and yearned for that work bell to ring so i can set this beauty into action.. got to the band house plugged her in picked a few notes ..loved it..
THEN...
switched to the bridge pup...dead... oh no...yes dead..upon futher playing noticed the frets on the low E side... frets 1-6 were ground much more then the others and if not carefull the string would fall right off the neck...
talk about a buzz kill.. as i set there looking like the pitied subject of a bad country tune..with a sweel to the eyes and a cry lurking on the lips
had to ship away my baby.. back to the place whence she came.. for tomorrow is another day.. and her sister is on the way.

LIVELY UP YOURSELVES!!

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Bummer. Hope shes got a sexier sister.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Tough luck! It is better to have played and lost than to never have played at all. 8) 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

That is the biggest drawback to ordering online. That fear that something will be/get damaged or arrives DOA always worries me.

Good luck with the second one!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member

Aww man that totally......sucks....had to check myself there. I'm waiting for my new strat to arrive but I ordered it from a local Guitar Center store and I am going to make certain she works before I walk out the store with her. I'm sure the next one will be fine. Stinks that you have to wait for it though.

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
(@cerberus)
Estimable Member

I actually got a little choked up reading that story...seriously.

I'm so lame.

I pity the fool, but also suggest ways he might better himself.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Bummer :shock: I had a Ric back in 1970, an awesome axe :twisted: I have never heard of any problems with a ric befor, the qaulity is usually great. They should make good on it. Hope this has a happy ending--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@muddy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

to order the unseen product can deliver some woe.. it's the waiting for the one that gets the goat pissed.. but even the broken rick gave me hope.. the neck is awsome.. 1 3/4 at the nut.. love the wide neck....and she shall be in today if they can get through the snow....so as should all stories of woe and angst.. ther is the light at the end of the tunnel and its maple and walnut slathered in oil...waiting for the day when she can cry and wail by my side.. and come from out her blue plush coffin.

LIVELY UP YOURSELVES!!

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Those days and hours of waiting make it all that much sweeter.

I've only bought one guitar in person - a candy apple red Guild 281 flyer with Kahler trem and EMG pups... and impulse purchase... was such a wierd guitar for Guild to make... sounded great, but never would have purchased it online...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote