Skip to content
The Fender Masterbu...

Notifications
Clear all

The Fender Masterbuilt '51 - Upgrade Your Squier '51s !!!

26 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Everybody said Fender would come out with the '51 at a higher price because of the huge success of the Squier. I thought so too, but I didn't think it would cost 4 grand. :shock:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i dont forsee the day i pay four k for an axe, unless i get really lucky 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Would anybody have any interest in Warmoth making 51 style bodies? I would love to see that. It would also be nice if Fender did the same.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Would anybody have any interest in Warmoth making 51 style bodies? I would love to see that. It would also be nice if Fender did the same.

I thought they did... they call it a "Stratocaster". :P

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Warmouth~
"These pickup configurations are available in most of our guitar bodies. If you don't see what you want, ask. We can probably do that too."

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_guitar_pickups_routing.cfm

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The trick with the Warmoth body will be the neck pocket, as a squared-off Tele neck won't fit in a pocket cut for a Strat. However, Warmoth will cut it for a Tele neck if you want, with one caveat:

"Warmoth offers either neck pocket on all our 6 string bodies. HOWEVER, bodies routed with odd pockets (ie Tele® pocket on non Tele® body, ect) are NOT returnable."

So yeah, you can get a custom Warmoth '51!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Why would you want that though? In this case, it would be far cheaper to just buy a 51 and modify it, no? Add a different neck, pickups etc if you like.

I guess if you want to completely refinish the body, getting a warmoth body will save you the trouble of stripping the 51..

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Why would you want that though? ..

Choice of wood?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Why would anybody want a Warmoth body? WHy are they in business?

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've just ordered one. I've asked them to pack it off to Germany by courier and I'll cover the transport fees.

I've sent them a cheque for $30,000 and asked them to pack the excess cash into the guitar case..................................... 8) 8) 8)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Why would anybody want a Warmoth body? WHy are they in business?

Supposedly their quality is very good for the price. Necks in particular.

LOL @ Greybeard. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2