Notifications
Clear all

The Gear Keeps Changing....I Might Be Done Finally

30 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Roy, those GFS P-90s are likely quite similar to the ceramic magnet P-90s on my Agile AS-820 semihollow and the AL-2500 LP clone with THREE of 'em that I got for my son. I love how those things sound!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

It's time for a sound bite I think Mr. Parker. :wink:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

No reasonable chance for some A/B testing, so I did the best I could. It's a litte bt repeated, Am pent in the 5th position played over it as listed below. This is an analog signal output from the digital world of my Boss GT-10. It's mostly a clean patch with a touch of delay and reverb. The Gain is just barely slight enough to be heard. Just a smidgen to get out of the totally clean catagory.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9212363

0:09 - 0:49 P90-Neck (Mostly D and G strings in 5th pos)
0:52 - 1:23 P90-Bridge (Mostly D and G strings in 5th pos)
1:28-1:58 - P90-Bridge (Mostly B and E strings in 5th pos)
1:58-2:10 - P90-Neck (Mostly B and E strings in 5th pos)

2:19-2:59 - HB-Neck (Mostly D and G strings in 5th pos)
3:03-3:39 - HB-Bridge (Mostly D and G strings in 5th pos)
3:42-4:05 - HB-Bridge (Mostly B and E strings in 5th pos)
4:06-4:22 - HB Neck (Mostly B and E strings in 5th pos)

I reserve most comments for now, except to say that I think I am really digging P90s in bridge positions.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice testing Roy! Those P90 sound great!

BTW you got a cool jazzy tone with the HB neck.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Oh, and the HB guitar is stock '05 Epi LP. Well, stock except for the replacement of the toggle switch.
BTW you got a cool jazzy tone with the HB neck.
Thanks! That patch was made with that guitar & pickup combo and left alone aside for a minor tweak a few weeks ago to add a slight touch of gain.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Those sound real nice Roy. I have one guitar with P90's. I'd be more into them if I was more blues oriented but I use a fair amount of distortion so humbuckers are my weapon of choice.

Here is a pic of me with my lone P90 guitar

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

She's a beaut, TR. Is that a Gibby?

The P90s work so well with a lot of not so hard Rock. I've probably not done too much distortion on much of anything. I've got this same amp model in 4 or 5 other patches, but each of them have a different "pedal" in them. The "tube screamer", "Pro Co Rat" and "Blues Driver" emulators are probably my favorite. Nothing too harsh about them. More Gilmour/Knopfler than anything.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's an Agile. Very pretty in person, too!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Yes! An AL2000 to be exact and at the sale price of $169 about as much guitar bang for the buck as one could expect to get. :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot.

One of the guitars I was looking at recently is the Strat looking thing with twin P90s in it. About $120 plus shipping.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hard to go wrong with P-90s.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

It just to my mind Roy we never saw a pic of your ART100 with the new pickups in it. Are they covered? Chrome? How does it look?

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

It just to my mind Roy we never saw a pic of your ART100 with the new pickups in it. Are they covered? Chrome? How does it look?

Just checking, see how we jump from May to July, wow. So did I hear: pics requested ? Pics, pics, give us some pics! :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

No pics yet. I have not put the new knobs on her yet. Soon. :)

Roy

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2