Clear all

The new Samick 'Les Paul' came in...

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

....just thought I would pass this on......

I got the new Samick Avion AV3 yesterday and gave it a good workout for 2 days........

Man I love this guitar and the pics do not do this thing justice, a work of art and I love the sound/voicing with my present sound chain so much better than my other guitars!

I was scoping out epiphone standards at around $500 but didn't want to go for the cash with having 5 guitars already. I picked this new guitar up from a dealer on ebay for $189, usually sells for $289 and is worth twice that compared to some others I have seen. It is made very well and I see no need in the future for upgrading anything on it.

I never thought I could be this happy with a guitar. For once I expected less for my money and got more. I guess this is the one for me. 8)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Congrats. This was the Goldtop, right? Humbuckers or P90(-ish)?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Congrats, it's just the greatest feeling when you're not sure about a guitar and pay a low price for it and it turns out being one of the greatest things you've ever played.

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Gnease, not a goldtop, flamed maple.........

will try the pic link here......

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

We'll all be stopping over and help you test drive it...lol

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Gnease, not a goldtop, flamed maple.........

will try the pic link here......

Very nice. Enjoy it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Oh, you're left handed! :P kidding!

Sweet axe!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Sure is pretty. Enjoy

My first thought on why you got it for $100 less was because they put it together back wards but I refuse to make any left handed jokes since I am sure you have heard enough :lol: :twisted:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Congrats, it's just the greatest feeling when you're not sure about a guitar and pay a low price for it and it turns out being one of the greatest things you've ever played.

Ain't that the truth.... 8)

Congrats man!!! Have fun with it!! :D :D

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@raistlin)

(sorry multiple post, newbie here)

Hi,

New here..

I've a Greg Bennett Avion 3, I think it's great..

Contrary to popular belief, it is not hardwood/plywood. According to http://www.samick.co.kr/eng/product/guitar_gregView.asp?types=7&series=30 it's all mahogany with a flamed maple top. The AV1 and AV2 are from nato wood. AV5 is flat top with stock P90 pups. I opened it up and there's shielding paint in the body cavity, and the top is solid maple, not plywood. My squier bullet doesn't have it. I believe the AV3 is the highest ranged AV axe coming out of Indonesia. The AV6 and AV7 (maybe AV4 as well) are made in Korea, thus the higher price.

On a less positive note, the website http://www.samickguitar.com is terrible. The info is ambiguous. I've been trawling all over the web and forums trying to dig up info.

I'm thinking of getting a Strat copy, the MB-3 with DD pups and wilkinson bridge, any comments?

BTW, to all the AV3 owners, welcome to the club, are the pups on our axes ceramic or alnicos? Thinking of dropping GFS vintage 59's in the neck, and the Fat Paf in the bridge.

Thanks

ReplyQuote