(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Why pay for picks if the coins are perfectly fine picks as well? :P

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Why pay for picks if the coins are perfectly fine picks as well? :P

Ha, now that is economy picking! I think Billy Gibbons uses coins that he grinds and I know Brian May uses coins. Who else uses coins?

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Pat Smear was picking with a quarter in the Nirvana Unplugged concert.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I find it harder to tune if I'm using a coin to tune because I never can tell if I am off a few cents!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I find it harder to tune if I'm using a coin to tune because I never can tell if I am off a few cents!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, play with a quarter.

Thanks for the tip!

Get it?

(cricket)

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

scr@tchy wrote:

Somewhere into the first month I started to get used to the feel, and then one night it all just fell into my hand, I became able to use the flexability of the thin pick and further economize what my picking hand had to do... it felt like being set free.

Sounds great to me! :D I'm gonna pick up some thin to medium nylon Dunlops over the weekend. I've read in several forums that thin picks are great for alternate picking and shredding. I guess you're not alone! Whatever works. :)

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I think all guitar players should have thin, medium, & thick picks. It never hurts to have 'em all sitting near your guitar. Every once in awhile I'll pick up other picks and just mess with them (with differing results). 8)

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I always buy a wide variety of picks, light, heavy, and medium. The pick I choose is usually suited for a particular song. If I am strumming full chords I will use a lighter pick. If I am playing a song with 2 and 3 string power chords I will use a heavier pick. I keep a handful of various picks in the watch pocket of my jeans at all times.

Sometimes I don't use a pick at all, and other times I do hybrid picking where I hold a pick with my thumb and index, and use my middle and ring fingers to pluck notes. I like that Country type hybrid sound.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Wes, I hear you on that using a fatter pick on songs that involve power chords. I played a Ramones tune tonight at band practice and it was weak when (with my thin pick) I hit power chords, LOL.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I like the thin pick's but I also like the fender medem's.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3