Clear all

This Squire's a keeper..........

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@elecsluther)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I knew when I bought my (used) Squier that it felt and played different than any I had tried out previously. Guess there was good reason. It is a Squier Fat Strat--Korean made-serial VN 614966-with the Gold Squier logo with black outline. Did some digging this afternoon and evidently it's a well made model--1996 Korean made were known for a nice maple neck (with skunk stripe)--knew I liked the neck right off, and I thought the body felt a little heavy--seems the logo would indicate it's solid wood--not sure what species of wood, but not plywood or a laminate. I had looked for a used Squire Strat for a while before I came across this one-always like the sunburst finish, this isn't--it's what they call Midnight Wine-but when I picked it off the wall and played it, there was just that "something" that about it. It needed some TLC (some paint touch up, truss rod, and pickup height adjustment), but once I did it, has turned out be a very nice sounding and playing guitar. Guess sometimes we just get lucky with purchases. Won't mention what I paid, but it wasn't much, and from what I've read, worth every penny of it!