trying to play Day Is Done by Nick Drake

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 klep
(@klep)
Topic starter  

Hi

i've been playing guitar for coming up to 2 years. I started to learn Day Is Done by Nick Drake using this tab ( http://www.algonet.se/~iguana/DRAKE/chrisday.html ) just before i came to university but always got stuck on one part. After a little bit of a hiatus of playing guitar (uni life is pretty heavy going) ive tried to play the song again and get stuck on the same part.

it's the 4th and 5th bar, the 010 hammerons on the B string. obviously i know how to do hammrons but.. in the song they're sort of delayed and dont sound like hammerons to me. fact is ive no idea how to just play that tiny bit in each bar. i've played around but nothing seems to sound right. is Drake using a particular technique or is there a knack to it or anything?

cheers

(sorry if this isnt the place to post this but it's really beginning to do my head in)

(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

Sorry I can't help you on that but I just wanted to say anyone that wants to (or does) play a Nick Drake song is OK with me. I can't place that particlar song but I'm going to dig it out and give it a listen to see what you're talking about. I haven't tried to play any of his songs yet, I saw a bunch of transcriptions in one of the guitar mags this summer and they looked a bit beyond my current level. I hope someone else can help you with it. :wink:

ReplyQuote