Clear all

USA Peaveys??

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was looking on eBay for tele's and I came across a used USA peavey for only 210 bucks BIN... How could Peavey make MIA guitars for so little?? Am I missing something?

Stairway to Freebird!

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

bump :roll:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

As far as I know all Peavey products are made in the U.S.A. (I might be wrong). I think they have a big plant in Mississippi.

How can they make it for cheap? Well, I'm no businessman but being efficient and cost conscious is probably part of the equation. Labor is cheaper in Mississippi than many parts of the country.

I really wouldn't worry about HOW they keep the price down. They do and that's all that matters. And Peavey is known for making quality products. So try that guitar out and if you like it, buy it!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

So try that guitar out and if you like it, buy it!

It's on eBay, Wes.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

undercat

Yes, but they might have a new model at a local music store.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

My local music store sales Peavey guitars for $150.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

My local music store sales Peavey guitars for $150.

That's what I'm talking about too. Thanks everybody. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Peavey has Korean stuff, also. My Peavy Fury IV bass is Korean made. It was cheap new (about $350), but it really plays well, IMO. I like it better than Fender MIM basses I've played. The only other bass I have played recently I like better is also Korean made, The Warwick Rockbass series. That guitar you are looking at is probably Korean, but if the quality of it is as remotely as good as my Peavey bass, then it may be a good bargain. Surely, it will need to be set up as you prefer, with strings and action adjustment. It may need better tuners or input jack repair. Tightening of screw and such, but if you like the way it looks, it may be worth a shot. The only thing I bet for sure you will find will be some fret buzz on the low E around the 1st - 4th frets. Maybe a new and better nut would help. Keep us informed on the decision. Good Luck.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote