Clear all

Using Pedals

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Can someone tell me how to use pedals? I know what they are and have a basic idea but I'm not really sure. Also, what's the difference between a pedal and an amp foot switch? Lastly, can you connect a pedal into any amp, or do you need one with the special foot switch input. All this stuff is confusing me.
Thanks

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Do you have a pedal or are you just new to guitar and don't have any pedals? using pedals is extremely easy... all you do is press down on a button or something similar and a red light should come on (usaully), this means that the effect is on (if it doesn't come on then you either have a faulty pedal or there are no batteries/it's not connected to the amp or guitar). A pedal is an external effect added to your amp, a footswitch will switch the channels for your amp: for example, alot of amps have a clean sound and a distorted sound, these sounds can be in two channels, a footswitch can switch between these channels (although sometimes footswitches can control built in effects of the amp, this is the most basic use)

A pedal will work with almost any amp (I've never seen an amp that doesn't), you don't need a footswitch or anything fancy to run a pedal through an amp in my experience. I'm not sure if all amps will have the ability to have a footswitch, i figure that only the multi-channel amps would have them.

It may seem confusing at first but don't worry, you'll get the hang it.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@taintedreality)
Eminent Member

Following up on Steve's post:

A pedal can go into any amp.

The signal chain look like this:

Guitar -> Pedals -> Amp
(basically).

- reality

ReplyQuote