Clear all

Vox headphone plugins

24 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Cool little amp, any chance of us getting some samples? 8)

Which one, the Vox or the Peavey?

It's all good Bluez. I thought it was a transtube too. All SS but fits the bill.

I'm still going to get my little tube Vox amp fixed though and the Peavey Valve King went in for repair yesterday. Wow, I bet you think I'm hard on my gear. Everything I own is in mint condition, Just bad luck with amps i guess.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The peavey, I'm familiar enough with the Vox. :) Oh, your amp is a transtube btw, transtube is Peavey's word for 'no tubes, but sounds good too'.

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Hi, all.

This is just a casual question, but has anybody had any experience with these and electro-acoustic guitars?

For a couple of hours last night I used the amPlug and my electric acoustic, Shady. At first I didn't think it was working but that was because I had the headphones plugged into the AUX IN jack for playing along with MP3 players instead of the OUT jack for headphones.

I had only meant to spend a couple of minutes to see if it worked but the sound coming through the headphones was so good and different from my electrics I just kept on going.

The family wasn't so appreciative as I forgot I was playing an acoustic which didn't go down so well in the early hours of the morning.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

The peavey, I'm familiar enough with the Vox. :) Oh, your amp is a transtube btw, transtube is Peavey's word for 'no tubes, but sounds good too'.

I'll see what I can do for ya. My motherboard on my desktop crashed, which had the emu digital sound card in it. all I have is the lappy. Could of sworn the transtube meant tube primary and ss secondary. but a quick check shows you are right.

ReplyQuote
(@nopeddler)

These little Vox amps are great. I have used it on my electrics, acoustics and lap steels and every one works fine.
The only helpful bit of information I can give is to un-plug the headphones before you turn it off. The pop will blow your eardrums out if you don't. It works best with the strat style plug-in.
my 2 cents.

Gary

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Cool little amp, any chance of us getting some samples? 8)
I'm not sure which is worse, the laptop or my playing. Look at what it says it will do and pick something. Just too many models to choose from. The amp modeling choices are....

XXX
JSX(Satriani)
Rec
K-Stein
DZL
Twin
DLX
Plxi
Brit
B-Kat
Classic

Lots of effects

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

I would highly recommend the AC30 version it sounds amazing.I found the others a bit tinny sounding.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@skunk)

The AC30 model is astoundingly great for its size and cost. For something that costs $35 or so and is approximately the size of an iPod, it sounds more like an AC30 than it should have any right to. It's not got a slew of models or effects but a little fiddling with the gain, tone, and volume knobs, and with those on your guitar, will find you a Beatles or Brian May sound in a surprisingly short time. It's cheap, it's eminently portable, and if you want to practice without waking the neighborhood, it's a great way to enjoy a very reasonable facsimile of the AC30 sound. No reverb, but again, this isn't a performance or recording amp, it's a tiny $35 plugin for headphones. I use mine often since acquiring it and haven't regretted it, a great value for the money.

ReplyQuote
(@bmancv-60)
Estimable Member

I finally bit the bullet and picked up the AC30; after reading more reviews it seemed like the one to try since the clean tones met with high approval. I see the people weren't exaggerating! Had a user error on first try and was wondering where all the distortion I read about was, helps if you use the correct control... :oops: once I finally looked at the instruction sheet, everything that was supposed to be there is there! Also revealed some flaws in my setup; bridge pickup was too high and the intonation seems to be off (chords with distortion don't ring "together", sounds out of tune). Gets the job done at work, and I now look forward to lugging the Firebird and case with me!

"...I don't know - but whasomever I do, its gots ta be FUNKY!"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2