Skip to content
WHAT IS YOUR FAV RI...

Notifications
Clear all

WHAT IS YOUR FAV RIFF TO PLAY IN A GUITAR SHOP (show off?!?)

19 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I agree with Over The Hills And Far Away. Even for an electric when doing the beginning. Gives me a feel for the clean tones. If I want to hear it with some distorition, It's Neal Youngs Electric version of Hey Hey, My My. Yes, I'm old. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

rparker, to quote Jethro Tull, "you're never too old to rock and roll"....

You're not "old", you're "experienced"......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Play whatever you've learned. The hell with whatever songs you're "not" supposed to play, those are a standard joke among guitar players :P

HOWEVER... play it well!

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@aroomadazda)

On an acoustic I like to play Dust in the Wind and some old swing tunes like "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby".

On electric I like to plays surf tunes and some blues/jazz riffs.

I never did mind about the little things

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2