Skip to content
What kind of guitar...

Notifications
Clear all

What kind of guitar is this? (Jim Martin of Faith No More)

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 HDS7
(@hds7)
Topic starter  

Jim Martin has always been known to play his customized 1970s model of Gibson Flying V. But I just came across this video of a rare side project he was part of called Spastik Children, where he plays a totally different guitar! I have no clue what kind it is, can anyone shed light on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8zBnBaO4r0&feature=related

the guitar can be seen clearly at 2:40 and 3:45

(@pilot)
Estimable Member

I'm still trying to figure out exactly which instrument you mean - there are a couple of guitars semi-clearly visible at both time stamps. Could you be a little more specific, for those of us who don't know who the guitarist is on sight? :)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

looks like a danelectro

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

The black/white or gray/white (or whatever color it is, that video looks like a 15th-generation VHS copy LOL) guitar with the small headstock is definitely a Danelectro. Looking directly at those timestamps on my end, I see a somewhat unidentifiable white something-or-other at 2:40, and what looks like a P-bass at 3:45. The Dan shows up just prior to those times, hence my current confusion. :D

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

you can sort of make out his "trademark" red shades at the end before the video switches to something else.

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

If you mean this one:

Then it's a Danelectro. Someone with a little more experience with those might be able to tell you which particular model it is.

Reading up a little on this group of guys, it seems that their shtick was to swap equipment around, so he might be playing someone else's axe. I haven't been able to find anything that references Jim Martin playing a Dan anywhere.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

well, this was before he got big and (i'd assume) got a deal with gibson.

ReplyQuote