What the future holds...

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@classico)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone

I'm posting this thread because i've been doing some thinking lately about what i'm going to do after school and the first thing that came up was "how am i gonna keep playing the guitar?".
you probebly don't know, but in israel going to the army is a must and i don't know what i'm gonna do in there. i know what i want to do, my big brother is an F-16 pilot at the airforce and i have the quelifications to go to flight school and so i planned on going in his footsteps, but then there is the guitar. going to flight school means 5 years of your life are going to be devoted to that. i think of my guitar playing future and i see a huge 5 year chasem that i must somehow leap in order to keep my progress in guitar playing.
when i think of what i'll like to be when i grow up i always think guitar player, i've been playing for three years and have played in many recitals with other orchestras (i play classical music) and i study with the most respected teacher in israel, i have people that know me and willing to give me a part in thier ansemble after i get out of the army... but what if i'll lose my level of playing?

when i look in to the future my hopes and dreams about playing guitar proffesionally are closer then ever before, i think it would be interesting if you guys could share your ambitions about playing the guitar, they don't have to be proffessional ambitions... what i'm trying to ask you is this-

while playing the guitar in your passtime think about 5 years from now, or ten or twenty... where would you like to be musiclly?

(go wild)