Clear all

What's That Noise?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

On one of my guitars, everytime I accidently hit where the chord plugs in I get a weird chunking sound from the amp.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Can you define chunking? :)

Is it the same pop you get when you plug a guitar in with everything already turned on? If so, might be that the socket is a little loose and knocking the plug quickly breaks and re-makes the contact. (Loose as in the spring part is not being deflected by the plug much, so is not applying much pressure - they can be bent inwards a little to fix this)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Can you define chunking? :)

Is it the same pop you get when you plug a guitar in with everything already turned on? If so, might be that the socket is a little loose and knocking the plug quickly breaks and re-makes the contact. (Loose as in the spring part is not being deflected by the plug much, so is not applying much pressure - they can be bent inwards a little to fix this)

Yeah, that same pop. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote