Notifications
Clear all

When did you start?

34 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member

It funny, I started playing proabaly 10 months ago and in that time I've become better the people I know who've been playing for 5 years. But guitars the best thing that ever happend to me, before that I had to much free time an actaully saved my money, now me and my band rock out an I have no money, and you can guess where all my money goes to :wink:

be good at what you can do-

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

I took lessons for six months or so when I was 12. I was still playing stuff like Camptown Races, when a good friend of mine also started playing and in a couple weeks he was playing Status Quo and Hendrix songs (I'm sure it wasn't that good but compared to what I could do...). I figured I was meant to be a listener and not a player so I quit and didn't pick it up again until a year ago. (30 years later). Though I was many times tempted to try again over the intervening years I never had the time. What really kicked me into it was seeing my seven year old son's incredible love for music and knowing that before long he'd be playing so I figured the time was right to try again. I've learned way more than I thought I would have in one year, though of course I still stink. But I think in a couple years I might be OK. I can't imagine ever NOT playing now.

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

I started last year at age 43.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@thepoliteone)

Started late July this year, having just turned 26.

-TPO.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
-- Mark Twain

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3