When does the madness end?

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, as some of you know I just bought a Schecter C-1 Classic and now I went and bought another guitar errrr…… minus 2 strings.

Yup, I bought a Bass. It's a used Spector 4 string DLX. I'm sick and tired of tabbing out a line and waiting for my cousin to come over so we can record it. The last one we did, I tabbed but waited to record it. We came back to it and completely lost the feel of it and can't for the life of us get it back. Yeah I know, learn to read music STUPIT (we don't pronounce the “d” round here). I'm working on it. It's a slow process.

So there it is, another confession of a guitar junkie! Well guess what, I know I have a problem and I'm more than comfortable with it! I actually embrace it! SO THERE!!!! Hahaha

Anyway, here are some pictures.

Purrdy ain't she! :D

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Well guess what, I know I have a problem and I'm more than comfortable with it!

I figure it's like this...

The first step to recovery is admitting there's a problem.

The most successful recovery programs always include realizing you're in the hands of a higher power.

Music for me is a higher power.

So I admit there's not really a problem :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

look at it this way, you weaned yourself off two strings. that's progress isn't it? :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Cool Mike, gotta like the sound of a bass. No other instruments compete with it in a mix. Just two weeks ago the band's bass player loaned me his old bass until his daughter's hands get big enough to practice on it. So I have a bass on semi-permanent loan for at least a couple of years.

I've been digging it. It's given me a whole new perspective on guitar and making music. I now understand what the bass players go through when they play. Nice color on that bass. Never seen one like that. :o

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Dennis,

Thank you, I was takin back by the color myself. She really is a beaut!

Hey, good luck with your bass. Are you going to be doing covers, originals or just messin' around? I'm somewhat of a bass freak myself. I put 11 speakers in my wifes car (it was mine at the time) with 2 of them being JLAudio WO8 special bass series. Needless to say, the car SCREAMS!!! I've driven past cars and set off their alarms! LOL! So yeah, I like bass. :D

Have fun thumpin' away!

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

The band bass player can't play and sing My Sharona (Knack) at the same time. I love the song and would like to play guitar but I'm willing to play bass just to get that song played at gigs. I only do covers since I'm not all very creative.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@classic_rock_kid08)
Trusted Member

The band bass player can't play and sing My Sharona (Knack) at the same time.

I have just recently started singing and playing bass at the same time, for me singing while playin guitar is easy, but bass is different. I mostly play originals with a few covers. I want to be like Geddy Lee, but without the high pitched voice.

That bass does look nice.

Music is one of the most powerful forces on this planet, why not put it to use?
Brandon Pace
http://www.brandonmpace.com

ReplyQuote
(@reeve)
Estimable Member

I'll tell ya when the madness ends, when UK goes all the way BABY!

Well, I've had some requests, but I'm going to play anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool Mike, bass looks great to me! Doesn't seem like madness, more like an investment into creative development. :)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

more like an investment into creative development. :)

Oooh I like that one Arjen. I'll definatley have to use that !!!!

Thank you.

Nice looking Bass Mike :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote