Clear all

Wish I hadn't given it away :(

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@sam334)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Had an electric Ibanez guitar, a distortion pedal, and an amp last year. A cousin of mine was interested in playing guitar so I gave it to him for Christmas. This February I picked up my acoustic that I hadn't touched in years and have since been playing every day. I regret giving that electric away since it was the only one I owned and I am now saving up for a decent acoustic, so I can't buy an electric. Saw the Squier 51 thread, but I gotta save up every penny for the Breedlove acoustic I want. :cry:

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Is he still playing it?

If not, I'd start to warm up the truck now. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Your mileage might very, but just ask it back. He got it free so he has no right to complain about anything. He got a free introduction with guitar so he can now decide to invest in it himself. And if he won't give it, take it.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

And if he won't give it, take it.

ROFL You cant take back a Christmas gift. Ever hear of Scrooge, Arjen? heh I am teasing with you but IMHO if it was a gift then you can check and see if he is playing it. If not then maybe he'll give it back to you this Christmas.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I agree - if it was just a "hey, you wanna play guitar, have this one"-type thing then maybe it'd be OK to ask for it back, but it was a christmas gift rather than just a gift. Demanding it back would be pretty poor form in either case.

Sam: Is the acoustic that you're playing now really so bad that you need a new one? Myself, I'd cover my bases and build from there - get an electric and carry on using the acoustic you've got, and then save for upgrades. That way, regardless of quality, you have one of each type to play while you're saving.

Just my $.04 ($0.02 on each issue :))

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Oh wait, Christmas works differently over there. Yeah, if you gave it during a grand gathering of the family then taking it back yourself would be kinda nasty. Over here I celebrate chrismas with friends and gifts rarely exceed the price of a sixpack. In such circumstances it would be pretty weird to give a guitar and amp in the first place but if you did you could always ask it back. Kinda forget that people celebrate Christmas in bigger ways, if that is the case with you definitely do NOT follow the advice I gave earlier. :D

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Buy him a new guitar and then ask for yours back.

ReplyQuote