Clear all

Worst Guitar Center experience ever

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So I decided to visit a Guitar Center on my Saturday afternoon. I walk in, pick up a guitar and am immediately followed by a salesman with an ugly pink shirt and cheap cologne. The guy asks me what amp I wanted to use and plugs it in for me as if I can't figure out how to do it myself. While I'm trying to play, he's trying to make small talk, etc. Being the nice guy I am, I indulge him a little, just trying to be nice. Finally he walks away. "Yes!", I think to myself.

A minute later, he walks back with a calculator, sits down and starts rambling off some deal they're running and how I can walk out of the store with this guitar for $60. Then he has the nerve to ask for a major credit card and two forms of ID. "Uh, no", I said. At this point I'm no longer concerned with amusing this guy and tell him I'd just like to play. So he says "Oh, OK. Well, let's see what you got". I said, "Look, I didn't come in here with the intention of buying a guitar, and I'm not going to buy one". Thinking this would get him off my back, he starts trying to sell me on the amp. ARRRG! I told him I didn't want to buy anything and would just like to play without him sitting by me.

He walks away and comes back again when I pick up another guitar to play and starts hawking me about that one. At this point I was pretty furious and had to walk out before I said something I'd regret. As I left, the gentleman at the front door who greeted me when I walked in said, "Leaving already?". I told him yes because his salesman is harassing me. That took him back a little bit.

Now, I understand that these guys work on commission, but honestly this was over the top. I've never had this problem at any other Guitar Center.

Sorry, just had to rant.