Clear all

Yamaha guitar

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@soundgarden)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have of all things a relativly old Yamaha classical acoustic i was wondering how i could find out how old it is. The number on the soundboard reads (40227027) is there any way in can find out which year the guitar was made in, i looked through the Yamaha website and couldn't find anything.
I don't need to find out i'm just curious.

Any help much appreciated.

Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self esteem. Kurt Cobain
Have you seen the roses? There's a whole lot of colours. Syd Barret

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Your guitar was made on February 27th, in either 1964, 1974, 1984, 1994 or 2004 ... ;) Yamaha repeats their serials every 10 years, which makes it a little frustrating to date an old guitar.

And yours was the 27th guitar made that day.

This info is from the serial number wizard on the Yamaha website. (Click the link in the menu bar on the left side of that page.)

You can call Yamaha customer support at (714) 522-9000 for more info.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Seems like a slightly odd numbering system. Don't they expect their guitars to last longer than 10 years?

I have a Yamaha guitar and the build quality is very good. I'm sure I'll still have it in ten or more years time.

Just seems a bit odd to me.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@soundgarden)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks for you're help, slejhamer.

It had been sitting in my grandpa's shed for at least 20 years so i'm guessing it's a 1974 model.

thanks again

Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self esteem. Kurt Cobain
Have you seen the roses? There's a whole lot of colours. Syd Barret

ReplyQuote