Clear all

yamaha guitars

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i dont no about you guys. but i think yamaha competes as well as any other brand in the guitar buisness. they have some wicked insturments the only thing that really gets to me is that noone knows what yamaha you have because they are all named so similiar yamaha fgx, aes920, aes720, they are all like serial numbered expensive guitars. when someone asks "what type of fender you have" you can reply fender telecaster....i mean who doesnt know wat that is. but when someone asks you what type of yamaha you have and you reply "yamaha aes 920" they go what the heck is that. even though the aes 920 blows any fender out of the water.

$MAX$

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

those look like really nice guitars, but for that kind of money i could get 3 or 4 agile al2500s.
as for fenders, there are many different models and set-ups that would sound and play as well for the same or less money.

i don't mean to dog ya but "blow any fender out of the water"?
please :roll:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I hate to get involved, but surely the obvious comparison is Gibson, not Fender? :D

And as Nick always says, you pay to get the features/ tone you want, whether it's found in a $300 guitar or $3000. Or something like that :)

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

I have an scoustic Yamaha thats like 30 years old but it plays great.
i do wish i could classify it when im talking to frineds
jamesgrubb

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i have a yamaha classical acoustic , the base model for about 110 $ and it play really well.So i am sure yamaha electrics gonna be blast.I am a lefty so perhaps i w'd like to have AES 620 L (someday..... :wink: )

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I have a Yamah keyboard. One of my students has a Yamaha classical. The guy next door has a Yamaha 250. That's a bike, by the way.

The Japanese never invented anything, but they do what they do and they do it very well.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

I have a great deal of respect for Japanese instruments. Ibanez's especially, and yamaha's also.

They are far better manufactured than a lot of the more traditional brands, they are more forward thinking (Actually designing new guitars regularly! Imagine if Gibson or Fender did an awful thing like that!), and appear to offer a broader range of instruments across the whole price range, particularly excelling in lower cost models.

The one thing that puts many people off Japanese instruments, I think, is their lack of character. However, I think this argument is somewhat null; An original 1959 Les Paul, with it's old PAF's, a worn fretboard, and the sort of scratches that come from playing a guitar for many years, has character. A plasticy new Les Paul with "original Style" pickups etc, has little character when it comes out of the box. Guitars get thier character from the player, and the way they use it, not a Brand name.

I would rather, myself, have a modern, up to date, well constructed guitar with an "Ibanez" sticker on it, than yet another re-issue.

That's just my opinion on it, probably quite strongly voiced :D , sorry about that! feel free to say what you think about all that...

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have a Yamah keyboard. One of my students has a Yamaha classical. The guy next door has a Yamaha 250. That's a bike, by the way.

The Japanese never invented anything, but they do what they do and they do it very well.

Best,

A :-)

You need to do a bit of research as to about japanese never invented anything.(so where does video games come from ?)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

who needs to research? :wink:

http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blcomputer_videogames.htm

"In 1952, A.S. Douglas wrote his PhD degree at the University of Cambridge on Human-Computer interraction. Douglas created the first graphical computer game - a version of Tic-Tac-Toe. The game was programmed on a EDSAC vaccuum-tube computer, which had a cathode ray tube display."

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Yeah, I really like an Ibanez too. And i also have several yamaha keyboards that i dont play some that are like thirty years old

ReplyQuote