Clear all

YAY GAS! YAY GUITAR CENTER! YAY!!!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well, the worst GAS is when your just bloated, and can't let it out if you know what I mean...

I'm looking for a bit larger of an amp then the current Epiphone Valve Special I have. I would like a tube recto, I want a clean and dirty channel, and I want it to sound a lot like the Epi. I was going to look at the Epi So-Cal, thinking GC would have it, but as it turns out all the Epi's are off the shelves. While talking to the local associate I was pointed to the B-52 amps. I have heard a lot, and I mean A LOT of bad things about B-52. Screeches, poor sound quality, cheap parts, etc. Well the guy working their told me that they have made a turn around, and their new AT series is (in his own words) the shiznit de phizle. I hooked up to the 1X12 version and was mucho impressed. It sounds a lot like the Epi, except the tube recto lags like a champ, and its 60 watts of tube power. The triple recto settings actually let you switch between a solid state, A, and AB1 recto. Sweet! And the thing is solid as a rock. The guy their says the LG's still suck, but the ST and AT's are nice. Lets see here... 150 dollars for the old Behringer I'm looking to boot, 100 dollars in birthday money, 175 for the mint cond. Epi.

$425

Floor Model 1x12?

$500

Take out a parental loan and call it a purchase?

I think I hope...

Gas is eaten me...

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Good luck Evan, sounds like you're in love with that amp. Enjoy!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote