Clear all

Yet another (GROAN!) new guitar....

14 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I mentioned this in another thread, one of the guys I've been playing with in the pub (4 weeks now, and still getting asked to come back...I must be doing something right!!!) was selling an Epi Les Paul for £80....about $140 - 150....I thought it was a steal at that price....

Anyway, he brought in in tonight....two seconds after I laid hands on it, I said "I'll have it!!!!"

Lovely set-up, nice low action, even got 9's on it....and one of the guys had a small amp so I got to try it through that....sounds good to me!!!!

Anyway....here's a pic.....

and here's the proud new owner, looking a little the worse for wear after a few pints....hell, that beard has got to go!!!!!

Marilyn's put her foot down...."NO MORE GUITARS!!!!!!".....apart from the other one I'm in the process of buying off our very own revered Nick.... and she knows about that and has approved....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

Great looking guitar..even if it wasn't at the awesome price you got it for :)

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

congrats on the new guitar, looks like you'll enjoy it. Im just wondering but what condition was it in when you bought it? It looks greta btw

Soething ive alwyas tried to figurte out, how do you place a pic so it comes up in the post like you did?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

"Soething ive alwyas tried to figurte out, how do you place a pic so it comes up in the post like you did?"............

- Find a host site (I use photobucket) download your photos and copy the link....if you want to post a photo, use the [img] link, copy and paste it....if you just want to post a link, use the URL link....again, copy and paste..

Re the guitar....couple of little dents, couple of tiny scratches....I've seen worse in music shops...but it sounds good!!!!!

Going to try it through the cube amp tomorrow....give it a good work-out, put it through its paces....somehow, I have a feeling I won't be disappointed!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

(only usually do 3 smileys, but tonight was a good night....no duff notes, no bad chord changes....really getting the hang of watching other people's fingers for chord changes!!!!)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

Vic,

She's a beauty. Play her well.

I think Motley Crue got it wrong - Guitars, Guitars, Guitars - would have been a big hit!

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

Vic and Nick you guys always find the bargains, maybe I should start keeping my eyes open.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congrats Vic, hope you enjoy it.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

nice guitar vic, way to go :)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)
Our lead player has a Les Paul. Love the sound of it. Enjoy her!
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Vic has more guitars than me - somethings wrong here............ :?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well plugged in yesterday, gave her a thorough work-out....I'm happy!
Like I said, it's beautifully set up, action is nice and low....

Anyway, tried every conceivable combination of settings....from bright to metal stack on a Roland Cube....this is far and away the most versatile guitar I've ever laid hands on....

I particularly like the position of the p/u selector switch....no chance of hitting that by accident!!!

So yes, I think I can safely say this is now #1 guitar....not that I'm going to neglect the others, guitars have feelings too!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Vic

Your new guitar is a beauty. I like the color a lot. And you are right about the pickup selector. I've never seen one in that position before.

And Vic, you have got LONG fingers! Man, you must be able to reach about 7 frets! :D

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's great, Vic! I bought one of those about 3 years ago, a factory second or "blem" for $132 from MusiciansFriend. It's a nice guitar, and hard to beat for slide! Mine came with 8s on it, which were a bit tricky for sliding on. I put on 12s when those got rusty, in a couple of months. (I'm really cheap!)
:P

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Sweet guitar Vic.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote