Clear all

Yet Another TONE QUESTION

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

yes this is also on the Amp and Effects forum but i figured more people see it hte more ideas i get

I play Country/Texas Blues and Rock. I own a mexican tele with a texas custom in the neck and a dimarzzio chopper hot rail in teh bridge. I play in this band and we play anywhere from Play that Funky Music, to Sweet Child O Mine, to Your CHeatin Heart. I am getting tired of the clean sound, and I'm not keen on TOO much distortion a little is ok. I have pedals and I use almost everyone and here is my setup:

Guitar:MXR Dyna-Comp:Boss Blues Driver:Boss Tremelo: Boss DD6: Boss Noise Suppressor: Boss Super Chorus:Morely Volume: Clean amp Channel.

In That order. I got a nice clean sound and I always have my COMP on at all times. WHen I want crunch I usually hit my blues driver. But I am looking for a Texas Blues Rock Sound. Never really got it. I want that little crunch always there but with that Texas Twang I know this is confusing (not Vaughan or Healey sounding).

My soloing style is as follows. Slow medium tempo song, I tend to play more power ballad with some distortion just enough to make it cry. Faster Up tempo songs i tend to do the chicken picken. with the exception of the Slow songs I do some steel guitar licks. I do blues type solos, along with power ballads alot. I can get that power ballad sound when i stomp my blues driver thats ok.

Now for the fun part. I was told that using a comp, reverb(off amp) and Tremelo u could get a killer country/bluesy tone. If this is true HOW????? I was alos told the same but instead of using temelo use delay with a fast slapback. I NEED SOME HELP I'M ABOUT TO DIE I'M SO TIRED OF THIS TONE.

If i need to clear this up a little more please let me know ASAP.....

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

--mods please delete my reply here, I put my reply is in Amp/Fx forum

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote