16 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey,
Two things:
1) For those of you who play his stuff, can you tell me some of his more managable songs. I can handle Aregeggios From Hell comfortabley enough but something like Blitzkreig makes my brain hurt :? (Im only really interested in intrumentals)

2) I cant find a tab for the 'Heavy E Phrygian' song played on one of his videos anywhere. Anyone found one?

(@jpsuperstar)
Eminent Member

...people can play that stuff?

just goes to show that there are a gazillion amazing guitarists out there

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

You can actually play arppegios from hell at full speed? woah...

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

lol, thanks - I can yes, but by no means perfectly. But does anyone actually have answers to my questions? hehe

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Do you have a mic, I'd love to hear it. How long ya been playin? I can't ever imagine being able to do that...

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Oh, and for the record its just the thing of it he plays of it in his video - Which is shorter than the main recording he did (the one with the bass intro). So its nothing that amazing. I'm just really on the brink of starting to play Yngwie n Satriani type stuff. I started off by learning Satch Boogie and The Extremist by Satriani, which arent as hard as you'd expect. So im building it up basically.
If you wanna play things like that just start with one of their shorter songs and work on it, you'd be suprised. The main thing is building up speed...I think Michael Angelo's Speed Kills DVD has really helped
And to answer your question - I've been playing a little over a year.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

You serious? Youve been playing for just over a year!?!

Ive been playing for like 4-5 and i suck.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@jaytee)

How about "Far Beyond The Sun", "Molto Arpeggiosa", or even simpler - "Black Star"?

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Not to threadjack or anything, but how the fark do you say that guy's first name? Is it Yin-gwee?

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@freerider)

Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I'm super impressed with your playing abilities after just one year of playing!
If you can play like Satriani and Malmsteen after such a short time, the sky is truly the limit. Very cool ! :) Unfortunately it made me realise just how slow my own playing progress really is :(

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Simon: could you upload yourself playing stuff? Would really love to hear it!

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I'm super impressed with your playing abilities after just one year of playing!
If you can play like Satriani and Malmsteen after such a short time, the sky is truly the limit. Very cool ! :) Unfortunately it made me realise just how slow my own playing progress really is :(

I cant play like them, not close lol - I've just recently learnt a small number of their songs.
Sure, ill record some but not just yet cos I need a half decent mic and I wanna get the songs flowing better.
And its pronounced 'ing-vey'

ReplyQuote
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member

i played for less than 1 year and can play van halen!
i play a trumpet too!

YEAH! GUITAR ROCK! I ROCK! YOU ROCK! HAHA, YEAH RIGHT. LOL. ROCK ON!

ReplyQuote
(@jimmy_pazaron)

I've been listening to Malmsteen for about 5 months...I already have all his CDs and I know Black Star, Arpegios From Hell, Evil Eye, Far Beyond The Sun and I'm learning Baroque and Roll but that song is a bitch...my muscles hurt when I try to play...if anybody wants to discuss and talk or send Malmsteen stuff...add me...my screen name is [email protected]

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

i played for less than 1 year and can play van halen!
i play a trumpet too!

You are a weird guy.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2