Clear all

You think they would

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, is it just me or.....Well do they already..... Since were so " high tech" in the world today you think they should make a guitar thats FULL of red and blue leds that go off every time you hit a string. Give that to van halen and it would look like a colored strobe light lol. But you think they would. Like sound activated lights built into the fret board so when you push down on the string to the fret board it lights up right there. or something, god that would be so cool. :twisted:

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Then again, as soon as you put your finger down........aren't you going to cover the light?

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

sell your idea to fender....

before someone else on this forum does

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

better yet call the guy up who invented the folding guitar

this thread:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17660

and start a new company with him called guitar 4 bored people

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I just saw one in a computer column in the newspaper that has lights under the fretboard. You plug the Strat copy into your computer, put in the accompanying CD, and the lights show you where to fret to play the music.

I'm too sleepy to remember what it was, but there was a guitar made in the '60s that had bright colored lights in the plastic body that flashed with the music.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member

I have seen clear acrylic guitars on ebay.

one of those with some leds would look pretty sweet.

ebay.com

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I was at a bar about a month or so ago and the bass player had lights on his bass. The were small round amber colored lights that were if I remember on every other fret starting at 3. It was kinda cool looking, but kinda cheesy at the same time. They didn't blink or anything.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Thats the Yamaha 'Learn to play'Easy Guitar. Mathew Bellamy had a guitar with a transparant body and lasers build in. The lasers would be stronger or weaker depending on the picking dynamics. Unfortunately they needed smoke for the lasers to be visible and Matthew complained that he had trouble singing with a smokecreator (whatever it is called) blowing in his face.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I just saw one in a computer column in the newspaper that has lights under the fretboard. You plug the Strat copy into your computer, put in the accompanying CD, and the lights show you where to fret to play the music.

I'm too sleepy to remember what it was, but there was a guitar made in the '60s that had bright colored lights in the plastic body that flashed with the music.
Yeah, I saw an in in a guitar mag about that... Its not supposed to be a real fretboard wood though some kinda "poloyphonic" thing or something... 8)

Also, I have a book called "History of the American Guitar" and I belivethe guitar you are talking about is the Rickenbacker 331 "Light Show"... They discontinued it afterwards becuase the lights ended up overheated and causing a fire hazard... The crazy sixties I tell ya.... :wink:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, I think it was a Rick. I saw it in my "Encyclopedia of Electric Guitars."

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@number6)
Estimable Member

Once I saw a guitar with LEDs all up the fretboard. The idea was it would show you the correct fingering for scales and chords, I think. There was a dial on the fron to adjust what was being displayed. I don't know who made it.

The hunger site. Click once a day to give free food.

ReplyQuote