Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
131.3 K Views
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

Stoked to finally be posting here. ;) I started playing guitar again about 3-4 months ago, after playing for about 2 years 10-12 years ago, as a teenager. I no longer have my practice amp or bigger amp from those days, so I just plug it into my MacBook and practice with GarageBand, which gives a good enough sound for now. So when I started up again in February, here's the gear I had:

A dented, dinged up, very poorly setup (or... unsetup) MIM Strat; a couple of cables; a handful of picks. Since then, I have acquired a few smaller things:

The wah pedal was my first real case of G.A.S. (before I even knew that term). Most of the other stuff were tools that I got to help me setup the MIM Strat; they helped a lot, but it still buzzes very badly if you have anything close to decently low action, and the neck may just be warped or the frets be really not level. Anyway, once I played some newer guitars at the guitar shop, I was helpless to resist buying a new guitar. Today was the big purchase!

I got a new practice amp. (Also, it's "LOADED WITH INSANE ROCK STAR SETTINGS". ;))

A bunch of other good stuff I got today: tuner, metronome, various strings, more picks, string winder, new strap, some adaptors I needed. And finally, the star of today's GAS fulfillment episode for Voidious...

My new baby, a PRS Santana SE (and she looks just like me!). Plays like an absolute dream compared to the MIM Strat. In fact, I'll catch up with you guys later... :D

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Sweet piece of gear you have Voidious. The PRS is a beauty.

But what I like the best is your avatar. That's what I call - KOOL. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Hey, I've got that same PRS in silver. It sounds fabulous. Unfortunately I'm getting a little tired of it and want something new....

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Nice gear Voidious. 8)

I especially liked the workmanlike kit of tools that speaks of boldly getting stuck into doing all those little adjustments that can make such a difference (and be fun to do as well...). I also liked the pics with everything still in the packets - made my fingers itch to reach in there and start opening them... :twisted:

One of the young teachers at the local music shop has a PRS, and they seem like very good guitars. Have a great time with it all.

Cheers,

Chris

(Sure you don't need a hand opening all those nice new packets.... :roll: )

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

So you finally got a - no, THE PRS! It looks a lovely guitar - I hope you have a lot of good times with it! I'm sure you will!

Soon as you've played it a few times, let us know how it sounds - I'll be willing to bet real money there's a few "jealous guys" on here!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

(Sure you don't need a hand opening all those nice new packets.... :roll: )

I'm sure he'll be just fine with them. Apparently, I need help opening packets, though :roll:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Voidious, how do you like your PRS?

Guys and gals. I have another confession to make. Nick, don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. Well, ok I'm the purchaser and owner, too. :oops: :oops:

Jim, I'm now a full-time family member, BRO!!!! :twisted:

Resting between sets. I can't believe he took my seat. First night in the house and look at this.... :?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Call me when you can come back double fisted, Bish. :P

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

Very nice lookin' new axe you have there, Bish!

My Santana SE is fantastic, I love it. :D Sounds great, plays great, looks great, stays in tune. I don't think I could be any happier with it. Well, maybe if I were a little more skilled. ;)

While I am totally satisfied with it, I expected to get a few months of "I can't imagine buying any more guitar equipment" as a result, but that doesn't seem to be happening at all. I no longer crave a new guitar like I did before, but I still find myself thinking about acoustics, bass guitars, mandolins, a higher end PRS down the line... sigh. I get the impression that this goes on forever... ? :)

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Very beautiful guitar Bish. :D

Now I'm drooling again... Darn it, I have to stop reading this thread.. :roll:

Mike,

That's one heck of a neat and useful looking layout you have there. 8) If that was mine you wouldn't be able to se the woodwork for scraps of paper, coffee cups, music books, capos, etc. I'm amazed at your organisation. Looks well thought out.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Thanks Bish nothing like a dribble and fit of envy on a Saturday morning.

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks guys and sorry for any emotional or physical events that may occur due to this thread.

Mike, I think we even have the same computer furniture. Great idea for hanging guitars. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great looking guitar Bish, congrats! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@shadowraptor)
Trusted Member

Wow ... those white PRS guitars are beautiful!

Rob

PS --- I also like the idea of the hooks. Think I will go out today and get a few. My 'studio' has become overwhelmed with guitars on stands - there's no floor space left to use the space. Thanks ...

Have a safe and pleasant day.

Rob
Canada

Yamaha FG-730S
Crafter GAE45/N
Beaver Creek BCR8501
Yamaha CG-? (91)
Yamaha CG-171SF
Framus Texan 5/296 12-String
Takamini EG-345C 12-String
Indiana IN-BM5 Mandolin
M-Audio Oxygen 49 Keyboard