Notifications
Clear all

500k Pots ?

17 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

:lol: I used to have that amp. I had a solid state Fender Deluxe 112 that was near full volume at 2.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Turn on the wayback machine Mr. Peabody!!!!!!!

I remember those posts, I think I might have thrown some gas on them.

I like linear pots for violining, other than that, I don't touch any of the pots on my axes.

General rule, 500k for humbuckers and P90's, 250k for single coil Fender style pickups. There are exceptions, i.e. my 72 Tele had 1M pots in it.

you see, the delta phi of the input milliergs divided by the smell of 40 year old, (not a day newer) potting wax goo suspended in a cork sniffing environment,(as expressed by the inverse perceived value of NOS Mullard-Brimen power tubes on E-bay during a blue moon), times the stated value of your self importance vs everyones real opinion of you equals the total stated value of..........

Hell, try them both and see what works! YMMV, I really can't tell the difference because I'm half deaf anyways and my sound man has way too much fun with the "suck" knob on the mixing board. :?

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2