Notifications
Clear all

52 Danelectro rewiring help

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@stoppable_force)
Topic starter  

Have a 52 danelectro silvertone guitar with one single coil (neck) and a three way switch that affects volume and tone. The original wiring in the guitar looked like a rats nest, and online wiring diagrams seem to be nonexistant. After talking with some people, I was told that the Fender Esquier has one single coil and a three way selector switch. The original danelectro had a simple on/on/on three way, and that doesnt work with the esquire diagrams. so any help would be great on this.

(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Does it have a volume and tone pot in it also?

D***N this is a blast from the past, I fixed one about twenty five years ago in another lifetime, I think one position is no tone control, one is tone pot and cap, and the last is just cap in series with the pickup and no tone pot.

I might actually STILL have the original wiring in my parents basement, They (and ME) never throw things out, I'll be visiting them in about a week and I'll see.

Can you post pictures or any numbers and description? Silvertone came in a lot of flavors back then, still very cool guitars!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@stoppable_force)
Topic starter  

yes, thats the frustrating part about it, because it was 'refurbished.' the esquire and esquire special wiring diagrams are the closest thing, and with a normal three way (not the blade style tele) it doesnt work...

ReplyQuote
(@stoppable_force)
Topic starter  

bleh, sorry for the double post, it has been a long day. yes it has a single coil. and I will get pics of it on here probably tromorrow.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

They just found the wiring harness and it has everything but the pickup, yeah, lets see what you got.....

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote